Les poésies Francophones du Canada:
A Translation Contest
- Yves Bonnefoy (John Reibetanz), "Noli Me Tangere"
- Dragan Jovanovic Danilov (Goran Marić), "A poem about married couples from cold northern countries"
- Ulrikka S. Gernes (Patrick Friesen, P. K. Brask),
"Dogger Bank, all that junk, words…,"
"Skinny people are more naked, you said…,"
"The snake rattles among the dry leaves…,"
"You need a railway station, a cello, you need…"
- Read an interview with Patrick on his poetry.
- Vinko Grubišić (Katia Grubisic), "Letter"
- Durs Grünbein (John Reibetanz),
"Phonebooth Nostalgia," "Grounded," "Club of Rome," "Renewals"
- Dorothea Grünzeig (Derk Wynand), "poem of finding and losing" (Click here to read this piece in full.)
- Yuri Izdryk (Erín Moure, Roman Ivashkiv), "synopsis"
- Juan Ramón Jiménez (A. F. Moritz), from Eternidades ("Night," "As you pass...")
- Amadou Elimane Kane (Amy Butcher), "The Baobab Speaks"
Dmytro Kremin (Russell Thornton,
Svetlana Ischenko), "The Horse Constellation"
- Chus Pato (Erín Moure), "On the Turbulence of Poplars: fuscum sub nigrum"
- Maitham Salman (Maitham Salman), "You"
- Simcha Simchovitch (Kenneth Sherman), "My Friend is Dying"
- Ana Paula Tavares (Paulo da Costa), "The massambala grows in the naked eye"
- Zulmira Ribeiro Tavares (Hugh Hazelton),
"Life: Objects of Desire," "Surfer," "Mourning," "The Parrot’s Screech"
- Haris Vlavianos (Evan Jones), from "Sonnets of Despair: apologia pro vita et arte mea" (12, 16, 24)
- Leyzer Volf (Kenneth Sherman), "Four Questions"
Jan Wagner (Danielle Janess,
Julian Smith-Newman), "Nikosia," "Chameleon"
Jan Zwicky, "Translation"
- Dacia Maraini (Genni Gunn), from The Ship for Kobe
- Katherine Luo (Yvonne So), "Along Came a Brother from Home Town"
- Joyce Zhang (Daniel Fried), "Too Much Happiness: On Translating Munro into Chinese"
- Read an interview with Joyce on her CNF piece.
- Tiziano Broggiato, Against the Light, translated by Patricia Hanley and Marie Laura Mosco (Toronto: Guernica, 2013.) (Reviewed by Pasquale Verdicchio.)
- Chava Rosenfarb, Exile at Last: Selected Poems, translated and edited by Goldie Morgentaler (Oakville: Guernica, 2013.) (Reviewed by Anita Lahey.)
- Ludwig Zeller, The Rules of the Game, translated by A. F. Moritz (Toronto: Quattro, 2013.) (Reviewed by George McWhirter.)
- Robert Melançon, For as Far as the Eye Can See, translated by Judith Cowan (Emeryville: Biblioasis, 2013) and Pierre Nepveu, The Major Verbs, translated by Donald Winkler (Montreal: Véhicule, 2012.) (Both reviewed by Marie Vautier.)
- Nuno Júdice, The Cartography of Being, translated by Paulo da Costa (Victoria: Livros Pé D'Orelha, 2012.) (Reviewed by David Swartz.)
- Christine Eddie, The Douglas Notebooks, translated by Sheila Fischman (Fredericton: Goose Lane, 2013.) (Reviewed by Iain Higgins.)
- Horacio Castellanos Moya, Dance with Snakes, translated by Lee Paula Springer (Emeryville: Biblioasis, 2009.) (Reviewed by Candice Fertile.)
- Tomoko Mitani, Will Not Forget Both Laughter and Tears (translated by Yukari F. Meldrum (Edmonton: University of Alberta, 2013.) (Reviewed by Sally Ito.)
- Sherry Simon, ed., In Translation: Honouring Sheila Fischman (Montreal: McGill-Queen's, 2013.) (Reviewed by Jo-Anne Elder.)
- Erin O'Leary, Abandoned Boxcar, Auschwitz-Birkenau. Digital photograph, 2013. Collection of the Artist.